Thursday, May 31, 2012

The Big Four

I have learned that there are four words as far as health goes (probably more) that inspire A TON of sympathy when mentioned but can be quite benign:
1) MRI
2) Lumbar Puncture
3) Brain Surgery (not quite as benign)
4) Emergency Room

Somehow I have been on the receiving end of each of those things in the past two years.  When (usually IF) I mention any of those four things people get VERY concerned.  So I have a new list of things that have made it all not only bearable but a trial I am slowly becoming grateful for:

1) Love from family and friends, both here and miles away
2) Compassion from my children
3) Patience (not the way I would have liked to have learned it but okay I'm not in charge)
4) Prayer and listening to Conference with a heart open and begging for answers and relief

I have "miles to go before I sleep" but I also have the option to "submit cheerfully".  And I will because we know who wins. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment