Wednesday, May 23, 2012

More Tender Mercies

Out of character for myself at this time in my life I volunteered to provide something for my son's classroom at school and then, of course, promptly forgot all about it.   Days later and feeling icky I somehow decided to take the kids to drop off books at the library.  The library has an outside book drop so I knew we would be there for only a second.  After I dropped our literary load and was getting back into the car I saw a mom of one of the kids in my son's class.  I stopped to talk and we chatted about nothing in particular.  At the very end of our conversation and as she was turning to walk away she mention needing to get ready for an event at school the next day.  Her comment was an aside and actually almost muttered under her breath.  It hit me like a ton of brick that I had volunteered to provide something for that event.  I happened to be at the library the very moment she happened to be walking by when she happened to mention the thing I needed in order to fulfill my obligation.  I would have felt awful had I missed this event just because I feel foggy while my meds are adjusted.  God reaches in and good happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment