Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Language of Love

I threw my two youngest in front of the TV so I could actually be on the phone without interruption - gasp.  "Sleeping Beauty" happened to be in the machine so that was what they were going to get.  My 3yr-old insisted on "pressing the button" - whichever, whatever that means - and in the melee the language for the movie was changed to French.  I didn't change it back and figured they would come and get me when they noticed.  They watched the ENTIRE movie in French.  I checked back in on them a few times and confirmed that, yes, there was no English being spoken.  My children do not speak French nor do they understand it.  At one point I asked my 5yr-old girl if they were enjoying the movie and she said, "Yes, they are speaking Beautiful Spanish."  The French or Beautiful Spanish had lulled them both and they enjoyed the movie very much.  Two points for language immersion programs.

No comments:

Post a Comment