Saturday, January 26, 2013

Free at last

This week I released myself from a horrible burden.  This one weighed on my mind at least twice a week and caused me to pause, contemplate my acts, and worry and wonder if I had done the right thing.  After much hesitation and weeks (even years) of deliberation I have come to a decision.  I will wash hot pink with the darks and not the lights.  Laundry sorting has now become easier, a pleasure even.  This may have been an obvious choice to most but in the ocean of blue I live in, hot pink is an enigma and conundrum even.  Pretty much all girl things are to me now.  Take chores: four little boys nod and scurry to do whatever they are asked because too much complaining takes them away from the video game, book, basketball game etc. they were involved in when mom interrupted.  Not princess.  First the outright refusal. Then the denial, "It's not my job this week."  Followed by the negotiating and soon the tears and weirdness.  I don't get it.  I KNOW I wasn't this way...was I.  But while I wonder about that, there is at least one thing I no longer wonder about.  Her hot pinks are blissfully mixing somehow with the rest of the blue.

No comments:

Post a Comment